Re: [exim] Re: remote host is the local host error

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tim Jackson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Re: remote host is the local host error
On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 04:04:50 -0400
listlow <listlow8@???> wrote:

> Yea, i will need more detail on how to configure exim as a gateway for
> exchange, beside the manualroute is there anything else i will need in
> order to make my exim work together with exchange?

You should verify incoming recipients at SMTP time. Otherwise you will
create collateral spam by creating bounces to spam that is sent to
invalid recipients. This is easy if you are running Sexchange 2003,
because you can turn on recipient verification (off by default, which is
stupid) and use a standard Exim recipient verification callout.

If older versions, the easiest way is to use an LDAP lookup to query
against ActiveDirectory. There is a document on the Exim Wiki (see
bottom of message) about this.

> > pass_to_exchange:
> > driver = manualroute
> > domains = example.com
> > route_data = your.exchange.server
> > transport = remote_smtp
> > no_more

> In your example code, what should i put under the route_data? is it
> the domain name of my exchange or the IP of the exchange ?

Either the hostname, or the IP. I would recommend you get a copy of the
Exim documentation (spec.txt/spec.pdf) and read up on the options. A
quick search for "route_data" will give you a full description of what
the option does and what you can use it for.

Tim