Re: [exim-dev] Second candidate for 4.52 release -- make fai…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: OpenMacNews
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Second candidate for 4.52 release -- make failure on OSX 10.4.1
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, OpenMacNews wrote:

>    % grep -rln GETSHORT .
>        ./src/acl.c
>        ./src/dns.c
>        ./src/host.c
>        ./src/lookups/dnsdb.c

> since EACH of those file contains an "#include exim.h", i simply EDITed *each*
> of the four (4) source files with/as:
>

>    #include "exim.h"
>    +++    #include "/usr/include/arpa/nameser_compat.h"

> , adding the direct include of ".../nameser_compat.h".

<snip>

> i.e., the undef'd GETSHORT seems to be 'resolved' ... leaving now just the
> undef'd "strnlen".

That indicates that the #include mechanism just isn't working right for
some reason that we do not understand. I really don't know how you can
best chase this up further, I'm afraid. Maybe write a very small test
program that uses GETSHORT and play with it to try to discover exactly
what is needed in the way of #includes and #defines.