[exim] Re: Whitespace in lookups

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] Re: Whitespace in lookups
Mark Smith <exim-users@???> wrote:
> Can someone show me how to perform an lsearch lookup for a string containing
> whitespace? For example, to look up the string "Test String".

[...]

Hello,
I do not think it is possible, quoting
<http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_9.html#CHAP9>:
| lsearch: The given file is a text file that is searched linearly for a
| line beginning with the search key, terminated by a colon or white
| space or the end of the line.

So having this in the lookup file:
white space: value

would have the effect that you could lsearch for "white" and get
"space: value" but *not* to lsearch for "white space" and get "value".
            cu andreas

echo "white space: value" > /tmp/lookup
/usr/sbin/exim -be '${lookup{white}lsearch{/tmp/lookup}}'
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"
                                           http://downhill.aus.cc/