Re: [exim] problem setting up my 2 new domains

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dominic Cleal
Para: Robert Cates
CC: Users Exim
Assunto: Re: [exim] problem setting up my 2 new domains
On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 23:08:00 +0200
"Robert Cates" <robert@???> wrote:

> I've got my server configured now as 'mail.domain-one.com' with an MX
> record setup for that host/domain, with a static IP, and that seems
> to be fine. Now I've got 2 new domains - 'www.domain-one.de' and
> 'www.domain-two.de' which I want my server to handle the same as it
> does domain-one.com ( 'domain-one' is/has actually the same name for
> both domains, only the host part and TLD are different ).
>
> So my question is - do I need to setup the 2 new domains as Virtual
> Hosts/Domains, or do I need to setup an MX record for both in DNS (
> keep in mind I have only one static IP, which already has an MX
> record for 'mail.domain-one.com', but I'm not sure if that matters )?

Since people looking up the mail servers for domain-two.de won't know
about domain-one.de then yes, you will need to add an MX record for
domain-two.de. You could have both MX records pointing at the same
hostname however.

See "Don't obfuscate detail unless absolutely necessary" on
http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/MailingListEtiquette - it might make this
clearer.

> The actual problem I have right now is that I'm not receiving mail
> addressed to user@???, even though I've added
> 'domain-two.de' to my configuration at - local_domains,
> relay_to_domains and relay_from_hosts.

Have you checked your Exim logs? Is anything reported? Are any errors
generated on the remote SMTP server? Is it reaching your local mail
server at all?

--
Dominic Cleal
Epic Web Services