RE: [exim] Accept messages while offline

Autor: Herb Martin
A: exim-users, 'meka'
CC:
Assumptes nous: [exim] Easy Disclaimers with Exim?
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Accept messages while offline
>     It's a localhost. I can connect to it always, but
> dnslookup is not accepting messages if it can't find the
> RCPT's host. What to do about that? I know what I have to
> configure, but I don't know how. Thanx!

Why not run a local DNS server on the same machine.

Make this the specified DNS server in the client settings
for the email server.

Register any required hosts directly -- by either holding the
required zone(s) or by making each host a separate zones
if necessary.

Then forward from this local DNS server to the 'normal'
DNS server(s) you should use when online.

Now, the mail server will be able to resolve all of the
other local machines consistently and still be able to
resolve the world when connected to the Internet etc.

--
Herb