Re: [exim] Re: Pobox and SPF

Autor: Axel Hollanda
A: Exim-USERS
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Re: Pobox and SPF
OK, folks, I think we lost our track here. The question was about
SPF/SRS functionality, using the new SPF/SRS experimental Exim
functionality. Sometimes legit mails from POBOX.com got thru and
sometimes dont:

<= SRS0=2/sL=VK=pobox.com=protected@???
H=(gold.pobox.com) [208.210.124.73] P=esmtp S=3365
id=001b01c58209$20eb1140$5e5a010a@protected

H=(gold.pobox.com) [208.210.124.73]
F=<SRS0=5hf6=VK=bellsouth.net=cwd88@???> rejected RCPT
<djn@???>: SPF 208.210.124.73 nao tem permissao de enviar
e-mails por bounce2.pobox.com

If you see, in both log entries the sender mta have the same IP. The
first one gets thru, the second is blocked by SPF.

My SPF confs within exim's configure looks like:

  deny message = SPF $sender_host_address nao tem permissao de enviar
e-mails por $sender_address_domain
           spf = fail : softfail : err_perm
   log_message = SPF $sender_host_address nao tem permissao de enviar
e-mails por $sender_address_domain

Using exim 4.50.

--
Axel (aghi) Hollanda