RE: [exim] O¨Reilly Exim book useful for Exim 4?

Autor: Fred Viles
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] O¨Reilly Exim book useful for Exim 4?
On 6 Jul 2005 at 9:35, Herb Martin wrote about
    "RE: [exim] O¨Reilly Exim book usefu":

| > > For instance:
| > > AV scanning appears to be illegal from the MIME ACL but this is not
| > > clearly stated in the documentation.
| >
| > Well, what it says is "When av_scanner is correctly set, you
| > can use the malware condition in the DATA ACL." Perhaps I
| > should make that clearer by adding "(but not in the MIME ACL)".

| Yes -- part of the problem arises because apparently the av_scanner
| was legal BEFORE the scanning was folded into the main product.

No, it was always part of the exiscan patch.

| Some of the examples out there indicate "decode" and "malware"
| in the MIME ACL (unless I am very confused),

I think you may be confused, at least I see no such examples in the
documentation. "decode" is valid only in the MIME ACL, while malware
is valid only in the DATA ACL.

| and supposedly the
| "demime" is deprecated but there doesn't seem to be a replacement
| for the DATA section (like decode) so I am not sure why it would
| be deprecated.

Supposedly, everything "demime" can do can be done using the more
general capabilities of the MIME ACL. But if it ever does disappear,
I will sorely miss it as it is a much simpler and more
straightforward UI for the things it does.

| You are correct that this point is NOT in error, just not
| as explicit as it can be AND there is obsolete information
| in other places that contradicts it.

Where?

- Fred