Re: [exim] Exim Problem with sending larger mails

Página Inicial
Autor: Jakob Hirsch
Para: 'Exim-users'
Assunto: Re: [exim] Exim Problem with sending larger mails
Elmar Leirich, CONCEPTNET GmbH wrote:

> I have a Problem with Exim4 running on Debian with Mysql, Spamassassin and
> ClamAV. When I try to send a mail with about 1 MB Attachment the Mailclient
> (Outlook) says Sending Mail.

You are the content scan at smtp time? Scanning large mails with
spamassassin takes a long time and is usually not necessary, because
spam tends to be 100..200k at most. Spam-scanning your own mails doesn't
make sense anyway...

Maybe Outlook doesn't wait that long for the confirmation. I'd add
something like "condition = ${if <{$message_size}{200k}}" in the ACL.
Mine is:

deny  message = This message scored $spam_score spam points.
    condition = ${if <{$message_size}{200k}{1}{0}}
    spam = nobody:true
    condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{100}{1}{0}}
    delay = 30s

> This lasts for aprox. 10-15 seconds and the Mail is delivered. But sometimes
> Mails just stay in the "Outbox" forever and are sent endlessly. Is it
> possible to grab all mails in the queue and send them only with the
> queuerunner?

I don't understand what you mean here.

> When I try to switch to queueonly in the
> /etc/defaults/spamassassin file, no mail can be sent anymore.

spamassassin does no queuing at all, would should that do?