[exim] Re: Re: exim and multiple Mailbox-Server

Autor: Michelle Konzack
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Re: Re: exim and multiple Mailbox-Server
Am 2005-07-06 12:27:28, schrieb Daniel Tiefnig:
> Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > I hav eread the exim4 docu but do not know, how to setup such system
> > (e.g. maping)
>
> As Michael explained, on the proxy server use a database lookup to
> obtain the mbox server. We're using a manualroute router with the
> following entry:
>
> route_data = ${lookup mysql{ \
>                 SELECT node FROM user \
>                  WHERE username = '${quote_mysql:$local_part}'\
>                    AND domain = '${quote_mysql:$domain}'\
>               }{$value}fail}

OK

> The manualroute router is described here:
> http://exim.inode.at/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_20.html#CHAP20

I will check it out tonight

> With a simple smtp transport, this will send mails to the mbox server
> stored in the MySQL table.
>
> > Can you suggest an POP/IMAP proxy ?
>
> We're using "perdition" here: http://www.vergenet.net/linux/perdition/

If I understand this right, than all traffic is routed VIA this proxy.
Right ?

Which mean, if the proxy is located in e.g. Morocco and there is a
local network in France ($USER + Mailbox-Server) the request and
the traffic goes via the proxy in Morocco?

It is not a simpel redirect/hint where the Mailbox-Server is to find?

If this is right, it will be better for the Clients (and my Setup)
if the clints connect directly to there Mailbox-Server. Right?

So the Flow-Diagram will be for receiving Messages:

                         postgresql

                             |for the Mailbox-Server lookup
someone sends                |
Message from  ---->---- mx.domain.tld ---->---- mbox-ma.domain.tld
the World            which is in Morocco

and geting Messages from IMAP/POP via proxy

                       postgresql

                           |for the Mailbox-Server lookup

$USER  +---->------- mx.domain.tld ----->---+
in                 /      in       \         mbox-fr.domain.tld
France +----<-----+     Morocco     +---<---+   in France

and for geting messages without proxy

$USER +--->--- mbox-ma.domain.tld

Another person had told me that it would be better if I use an
ISP in Euro for the Mailservices but I do not know, because my
$USER will increase and I do not like to put 1.000.000 $USER
or more in the Hand of an external ISP.

I think, if I have more then 60.000 $USER, than it is required
to use a cluster of MailServers, because Security and Performance.

> lg,
> daniel

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi