Re: [exim] mail-from exception to rbl

Autor: Fred Viles
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] mail-from exception to rbl
On 5 Jul 2005 at 7:40, Randy Bush wrote about
    "[exim] mail-from exception to rbl":

| i want to accept a few mail-from
| before the dnsrbl rejects. so i have hacked the brutal
|
| accept local_parts = (user1\@\do\.main|foo\@\earthlink\.\com)
|
| do i have this correctly?

No. local_parts has nothing to do with sender addresses, it tests
the local part of the *recipient* address.

| is there something cleaner i should do?

There are many ways to skin this cat. I have separate whitelists for
sender domains (e.g. customers & partners) and individual sender
addresses when I don't want to whitelist a whole domain (e.g.
customer@???). Both lists are reasonably short, so I use simple
ASCII files and lsearch for them:

In the dnslists deny stanza in my RCPT ACL, I include the following
two conditions to exclude whitelisted senders from the DNSBL checks:

    !sender_domains = lsearch;/usr/exim/domain_whitelist
    !senders    = @@lsearch;/usr/exim/sender_whitelist

where domain_whitelist contains domain names, one per line, and
sender_whitelist contains lines like:

aol.com:    user1 : user2 : user3

- Fred