Re: [exim] manualroute router does not accept localhost

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Thomas Baumann
CC: 'Exim User's Mailing List'
Betreff: Re: [exim] manualroute router does not accept localhost
On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Thomas Baumann wrote:

> According to the spec, the route_list option on manualroute router
> contains a host list. In section 10.9, the spec indicates that host
> lists specifically use gethostbyname().

More accurately, the route_list option contains a "list of hosts". I
deliberately do *not* use the phrase "host list" in connection with
manualroute, because that is a technical term in Exim, and it means
something else (section 10.9).

I think you must be reading a different edition of the manual, because
there is no mention of gethostbyname() in section 10.9 of the 4.50
edition. However, all the stuff about host lists in chapter 10 is not
relevant to the manualroute router, because what is in route_list is a
"list of hosts".

What is the difference?

. A "host list" is something that is matched against a host (usually the
remote client host). It's a set of hosts whose membership you are
using to match against another host as a condition for doing
something.

. A "list of hosts", as used in the manualroute router, is just that.
It's a list of hosts to which an address is to be routed. Nothing to
do with matching, testing membership, or conditions.

> I have the router like this
>
> smtp_intern_kolab:
> driver = manualroute
> domains = +local_domains
> transport = remote_smtp_10024
> route_list = * localhost byname
> ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8
> self = send
> no_more

> and in my /etc/hosts
>
> 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

As the OP said, this does not make sense.

> But when I try to send a mail the following error occurs:
>
> 2005-07-05 08:37:03 1DpgtS-0003jb-Ci no IP address found for host
> localhost.localdomain

That's because of ignore_target_hosts. You have *told* it to ignore
127.0.0.1.... Exim is quite obedient... :-)