Re: [exim] High Perf server

Autor: Nathan Ollerenshaw
A: V T Mueller
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] High Perf server
Hi,

On Jul 2, 2005, at 12:28 AM, V. T. Mueller wrote:

> "High Perf" maybe an issue for a minority of exim users, but why in
> God's name shouldn't there be an open discussion about it?

Right!

I run a fairly modest system doing more than 600,000 messages/day,
and I'd love to see what kind of numbers others have in terms of
messages/day (peak/sec, etc), if they run POP3/IMAP on the same
machines, CPU load, IO load, etc, as well as what kind of hardware
people are using and how many machines.

And, more importantly, what kind of tricks have they used to increase
performance?

I guess the main reason to participate in something like that would
be to make sure what you've built compares well to everyone else's ;)

Its really hard to compare one Exim based system against another.
Everyone customises their configuration heavily and people have
different ideas about the Way Things Should Be Done (tm). But some
rough numbers would be cool.

Nathan.