Re: [exim] How to drop bounces for a specific internal sende…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Oliver Egginger
To: srunschke
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] How to drop bounces for a specific internal sender? [Virus scanned]
>(I already do sender verification of
> incoming mail, but that
> doesn't catch fakes of real addresses), which then in turn stay in the
> queue for ages until
> they generate a bounce or bounce immediatly on a 550.

Try this (with caution) in your RCPT-ACL:
      require verify        = sender/callout=1m,random
This may ease your business. But first read the manual and make sure you
catch Exims callout mechanism. Watch out for undesired side effects!

> What I would like to achieve is that every mail _from_ valert@???,
> which passes through
> exim, will be accepted - but every mail _to_ valert@??? should be
> dropped/denied, no
> matter if it is an incoming mail or a bounce of an outgoing mail.

Superfluous rfc violation. Please see below.

> Something like
>
>   deny    message       = Go away
>           domains       = +relay_to_domains
>           local_parts   = valert

> but this catches both from: and to: local parts. Is there any option to
> make it true

Try this (not tested):

deny   message       = Go away
       domains       = +relay_to_domains
       recipients    = valert@???

> only for to: addresses in a way that it works with bounces too? As far as
> it seems,
> exim does not check the ACLs for bounces at all, is that true?

Exim can check for the null sender by setting the senders
condition to ":" .

Example (not tested):

deny   message       = Go away
       senders       = :
       domains       = +relay_to_domains
       recipients    = valert@???

Remember: Such a setup can implicate a registration on a rfc-ignorant
blacklist or something else. This is superfluous, unless the management
want it so ;-).
I think, in your case it would be better to route the corresponding
bounces simply to /dev/null instead of rejecting them.

------ Example (not tested, only from mind!) -------

#
# Place something like this in your router section.
# Determine the right position in your config file
# (may be near at the top of your router section).
#
route_valert_to_devnull:
   condition =  ${if and { {eq {$local_part@$domain}{valert@???}}\
                           {eq {$sender_address}{}}\
                         }\
                 }
   driver = accept
   domains = abit.de
   transport = devnull

#
# If inexistent, define a devnull transport in your transport section.
#
devnull:
driver = appendfile
file = /dev/null

AGAIN: I didn't test the recommended settings. Act with caution if you
       define null routes. You can lost mail!

- oliver