Re: [exim] Re: ssmtp with exim as a client

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Re: ssmtp with exim as a client
On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 19:41:07 +0200, Florian Weimer <fw@???>
wrote:
>* Marc Haber:
>>
>> I am actually referring to a trade fair network that has Ports TCP/25
>> and TCP/587 blocked, but allows TCP/465, so ssmtp is the only way to
>> connect to people's external smarthosts.
>
>Use a VPN.

I am not talking about my own exim. On the trade fair I am talking
about, a lot of booths were using Debian for their booth mail server,
and a lot of people in these booths knew that I am the maintainer for
the Debian exim 4 packages. Thus, being on that fair was like running
the gauntlet because every other guy asked me "how can I do ssmtp with
exim".

> I'm sure they don't block it. Make sure that they won't
>block 587/TCP in the next year.

I'd rather have the possibility to _first_ make mail work and _second_
to educate the network people.

Greetings
Marc