Re: [exim] Virtual mail through DB files

Autor: Avleen Vig
A: Nick Miller
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Virtual mail through DB files
On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 09:33:42AM -0500, Nick Miller wrote:
> I am looking to allow one real system user to have many virtual pop
> mail boxes. I have been asked to do this with DB files in place of
> technologies such as LDAP. The exim configuration doesn't seen too
> tricky with the dsearch functionality. However, I am wondering if any of
> you have used a pop3 server that can authenticate users from a DB file?
> I have been unable to find a lot of information on the subject.

Perfectly on topic.
Take a look at Virtual Exim: http://silverwraith.com/vexim/
It lets you specify a UID for the virtual mailbox, so the system user
can easily access the mailboxes if you want that.

Use the CVS nightly tarball. It's practically the next release, I just
haven't had time to package it up and dig deep for bugs and such, but
many people are using it successfully at the moment.

--
Avleen Vig
Systems Administrator