Re: [exim] High Perf server

Author: V. T. Mueller
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] High Perf server
Hello,

Tony Finch ecrit:
> On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Michael Haardt wrote:
>>Thanks goodness that cool guy at Cambridge didn't just buy big hardware
>>for Smail, but wrote an experimental internet mailer instead. I guess
>>he didn't think of that being too hard, either.
> Exim was written for features, not performance.

Michael made a contribution by suggesting something that he thinks
could be improved. While exim-users might not be the right place to
discuss this, I don't really see the point in smashing it with
replies like "go and buy expensive hardware" or "things are set in
stone the way they are".

In fact, I'd really be interested in one or another action that
could be taken performance-related since it's my belief that there
is a rather wide gap between using clusters, memory filesystems and
tuning on the one hand side and going down the high-level hardware
road on the other.

"High Perf" maybe an issue for a minority of exim users, but why in
God's name shouldn't there be an open discussion about it?

Kind regards,
vt