Re: [exim] LHS quoting rules in local_parts option

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] LHS quoting rules in local_parts option
On 2005-06-30 at 16:52 +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Phil Pennock wrote:
> > We have at least one customer explicitly using trailing space in the
> > LHS.
>
> Barking!

I couldn't possibly comment.

> > What's the preferred and supported form of quoting to handle arbitrary
> > LHSs, please?
>
> ${quote_local_part:$local_part}

Exactly what I use in condition options.

So using the local_parts option on a Router is not safe for all valid
LHSs? Is this considered a bug, a mis-feature or just Phil Is Silly?

I'll rewrite these new rules to use condition options instead then.

Thanks,
--
Phil Pennock,       Senior Systems Administrator,      Demon Netherlands
NL Sales: +31 20 422 20 00      Thus Plc      NL Support: 0800 33 6666 8