Re: [exim] LHS quoting rules in local_parts option

Autor: Phil Pennock
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] LHS quoting rules in local_parts option
On 2005-06-30 at 15:39 +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> Exim mostly deals with local parts in unquoted form and lowercased. In
> your example you should therefore just put ... : foo bar : ... in your
> list of local parts. You can add explicit quoting if you want, e.g. to
> deal with leading or trailing space.

We have at least one customer explicitly using trailing space in the
LHS.

What's the preferred and supported form of quoting to handle arbitrary
LHSs, please? I'll happily munge whatever goes into the CDB
accordingly, but don't want to find that I relied on something which
might change.

 62413 checking local_parts
 62413 foo    in "humpty:noob:"foo bar":funky"? no (end of list)
 62413 blacklist_filter router skipped: local_parts mismatch

Thanks,
--
Phil Pennock,       Senior Systems Administrator,      Demon Netherlands
NL Sales: +31 20 422 20 00      Thus Plc      NL Support: 0800 33 6666 8