Re: [exim] High Perf server

Autor: Daniel Tiefnig
A: Exim User's Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] High Perf server
Michael Haardt wrote:
> But I take it, disk transfers are not a problem for anybody else
> here.

Wow, hold it! :o)
I'd like to second your statements. Exim is hitting our disks quite
hard, and actually now (since implementation of a better DB-query-cache)
exims queue handling is the thing I dislike most on it. The hint
databases don't work well with remote hosts that do greylisting, and
exim is really not good on handling large number of incoming messages.
But I understand it's not easy to improve things in that respect.

Besides this drawback, I really love exim for its adaptive configuration
and its mass of features. Now combined with exiscan I thinks it's the
most powerfull of all major (sendmail, qmail, postfix, exim. I won't
mention exchange here, heh.) MTAs, and I like it most of these I used.
(sendmail, qmail, exim.)

lg,
daniel