Re: [exim] Eximstats 1.42

Autor: Chris Lear
A: steve
CC: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Eximstats 1.42
* Steve Campbell wrote (28/06/2005 21:59):
> Eximstats 1.42 is now ready for release. It incorporates several changes
> as requested by Marc Sherman:
>
>   2005-06-03  V1.40 Steve Campbell
>               Whilst parsing the mainlog(s), store information about
>               the messages in a hash of arrays rather than using
>               individual hashes. This is a bit cleaner and results in
>               dramatic memory savings, albeit at a slight CPU cost.

>   2005-06-15  V1.41 Steve Campbell
>               Added the -show_rt<list> flag.
>               Added the -show_dt<list> flag.

>   2005-06-24  V1.42 Steve Campbell
>               Added Histograms for user specified patterns.

> You can obtain it from http://www.computurn.com/exim or wait for it in the
> next release of exim.

Thanks for this. The histograms for user specified patterns look like
they will be handy.

I run an "overall" eximstats run at the moment, which has no histograms,
but this breaks with the new code.
It seems that if you specify -pattern and -h0 together, it fails.

Here's an example:

# ./eximstats -pattern 'Test' '/asd/' -h0 /var/log/exim/exim_main.log
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./eximstats
line 1769.
"my" variable $user masks earlier declaration in same scope at (eval 65)
line 169.
syntax error at (eval 65) line 23, near "/]"

No patch... sorry.

--
Chris