Re: [exim] silly avoidance of well accepted standards...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Greg A. Woods' smelly underpants
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] silly avoidance of well accepted standards...
Stephen Gran wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 08:01:18PM -0400, Greg A. Woods said:

>> I and aothers also set the reply-to header to be that address as well,
>> which is what you should try doing when you want replies to your postings
>> to go back only to the list.

> Did you notice the header in your own email?

> Duh. Good thing for you others can manage a list reply when your mailer is
> broken.

    He did it on purpose.  You'll note earlier in his message he wrote the
following:

>> except sometimes when I do what I've done with this message and try to
>> direct all replies to myself privately -- seems lots of folks will easily
>> notice that their reply rant won't get a public airing unless they
>> over-ride the automatically provided recipient address.

    Implication being that he was attempting to divert my "reply rant" from
getting a "public airing" unless I "over-ride the automatically provided
recipient address".  Which I did.  Of course why he would want to redirect my
mail from 204.92.254.24 (building.weird.com) where he normally processes his
mail to 204.29.161.33 (mail.planix.com) is left as an exercise to the reader.
 Answer's in the thread.  ;)

    The real question is if I set my reply-to on this message to something and
he replies will he change the reply-to?