Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are ref…

Author: Dave Lugo
Subject: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> >     This has nothing to do with the matter at hand and everything to do with
> > the fact that said people refuse basic training.  You can't RFC against stupidity.

> The point is that one can build implementations of standard protocols in
> such a way that the users of those implementations cannot easily ignore
> the rules defined by the protocol standard.

The point is that you would prefer postmasters and administrators
be given a neutered tool, because of your belief that an excessive
number of folks that are running some exim mailservers are
incompetent, and have come up with a config that violates RFCs.

Geeze - if you feel that strongly about it, just block the idiots that
are blocking bounces. Problem solved. Whitelist as needed. That's
what I do, after I send them a "fix or $NUM_MAILBOXES will no longer
accept your smtp traffic" email. If the sender cares, they will fix
thier config. If they don't care, I don't want their traffic.

I'd prefer that the tools I use, and their implementation, not be
intentionally 'dulled' or obfuscated because of your discomfiture.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC