Re: [exim-dev] Second candidate for 4.52 release -- make fai…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: OpenMacNews
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Second candidate for 4.52 release -- make failure on OSX 10.4.1
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, OpenMacNews wrote:

> (which you'd dismissed b4 as due to 'ancient' X11 ...)

That was an aside rather than a reason. The reason is that your system
warns if a symbol in a program re-defines one in a library.

> cc dns.c
> dns.c: In function 'dns_next_rr':
> dns.c:171: error: 'HEADER' undeclared (first use in this function)

HEADER is defined as a structure in /usr/include/arpa/nameser_compat.h
on my box. This is included automatically from
/usr/include/arpa/nameser.h. I cannot think of any way of fudging round
this one.

> dns.c:442: error: 'C_IN' undeclared (first use in this function)
> dns.c: In function 'dns_special_lookup':
> dns.c:754: error: 'HEADER' undeclared (first use in this function)
> dns.c:754: error: 'h' undeclared (first use in this function)
> dns.c:754: error: parse error before ')' token
> dns.c:755: error: 'QUERY' undeclared (first use in this function)
> dns.c:756: error: 'NOERROR' undeclared (first use in this function)
> dns.c:756: error: 'NXDOMAIN' undeclared (first use in this function)
> dns.c:764: error: 'T_SOA' undeclared (first use in this function)

T_SOA was one I overlooked when I added the other T_xx thing defaults.

But as I can't do the structure, you will have to find out whether there
are any definitions of these things on your box. It is indeed the BIND 8
compatibility issue. If there is a file that defines them, we might be
able to sort this out.