Re: [exim] exiscan, spamassassin, and per-domain bayes datab…

Autor: Sven Hartge
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exiscan, spamassassin, and per-domain bayes database
Um 15:20 Uhr am 26.06.05 schrieb Marc Haber:

> Or is bayes tagging so advanced in these days that you can easily use
> autolearning for the entire system's mail traffic and still have decent
> results?

My first setup for the mailsystem of my Fachhochschule consisted of one
bayes database for each user. This resulted in very bad results, because
the average user (of the system) gets very few mails, so it would take
ages for spamassassin to train the bayes database to be useful.

After switching to only one global bayes database (and after consulting
the data securty official ) the hit rate was greatly improved.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sven Hartge -- professioneller Unix-Geek
Meine Gedanken im Netz: http://sven.formvision.de/blog/