Re: [exim-dev] Exim segv

Author: Jonathan Knight
To: Hubbard, Matt R W
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Exim segv
On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 11:38:26AM +0100, Hubbard, Matt R W wrote:
> I'm also seeing this problem, and I'm not having much success finding
> the cause.

Me too.

> It appears to be message-content specific, as the same message from the
> same server causes this behaviour consistently. But I'm unable to
> reproduce it with identical message bodies under test conditions.

Me too.

I removed the malware call in an ACL and the message shot through with no
problem. Having lost the message from the queue I couldn't re-create the
problem again. Very irritating.

I saw it in exim-4.43 with exiscan and 4.50. 2 million messages later and
I've not seen it happen again so it must be something very specific and
slightly out of the ordinary that causes the problem, but it's not the
content as I still have that and I can chuck through the mail system 'till
I'm blue in the face without triggering the SEGV again.

--
  ______    jonathan@???    Jonathan Knight,
    /                                  Department of Computer Science