Re: [exim] Junk host, how to reject some IP's ?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Junk host, how to reject some IP's ?
On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:42:14 -0400
"Slawomir Orlowski \(CYMPAK\)" <sorlowski@???> wrote:

> 1) Having below configuration:
> acl_smtp_helo = acl_check_helo
> begin acl
> acl_check_helo:
> verify helo
> I would receive only e-mail from host whose HELO could be verified
> (Am I correct)?

Not quite, you want something like:

acl_check_helo:

# this is a fairly strict check
deny !verify = helo

accept

> But I would like to be able to verify HELO's from all host except
> some host kept in file.
> How to do that ?

acl_check_helo:

   # this is a fairly strict check
   deny  !hosts = /path/to/file
         !verify = helo

accept

where /path/to/file contains a list of hosts.

> 2) I would like to reject e-mail from some domains, IP's(would like
> to have the list in file),
> How and where to do that (acl_smtp_rctp or acl_smtp_connect) ?

Up to you. I would say that acl_smtp_rcpt is better, since it allows
you to accept mails to postmaster/abuse from the domains whilst
rejecting everything else (so that the people you are blocking can
contact you if they think you have made a mistake).

I would therefore put the check in the RCPT ACL, somewhere after the
"accept local_parts = postmaster....":

A simple example is:

   deny  message        = Your domain is blacklisted locally
         sender_domains = /path/to/blacklisted_domains

where /path/to/blacklisted domains contains something like:

somedomain.example.com
otherdomain.example.net

Tim