Re: [exim] What about pop3?

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: meka
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] What about pop3?

On 27 Jun 2005, at 02:14, meka wrote:

>     What is recomended for pop3? I would like to have mailbox
> format (easier to backup), but popa3d doesn't work on my box
> (FreeBSD-5.4). I would like to make my own mail server for local
> use, and sendig works (I can read mail with mutt on mailserver), so
> as the receiving (courier-imap), but I realized (to late) that
> courier is Maildir only. I really don't mind having maildir, but
> it's damn hard to backup if everything is under $HOME/Maildir.
> Thanx. :o)

first, you can have your Maildir wherever you like. Second, Maildir,
if anything, is easier to backup than mailbox. Why? Because
incremental backups are feasable. Imagine backing up every night
large mailboxes as opposed to a relatively small percentage of that
in individual mail files from Maildir.
A simple script using rsync is all you need.

Giuliano