Re: [exim] recursive imap folders and quota in exim

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] recursive imap folders and quota in exim
On Sun, 26 Jun 2005, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:

> Is there any way to force exim to do recursive couting as Maildirs or counting
> whole directory with subdirs as typical dir (without knowning what's
> inside) ?

Do you know about the "maildirfolder" convention, which is part of
"maildir++"? Here is a quote from the Exim manual:

<quote>
If Exim is required to check a quota setting before a maildir delivery, and
quota_directory is not set, it looks for a file called maildirfolder in the
maildir directory (alongside new, cur, tmp). If this exists, Exim assumes the
directory is a maildir++ folder directory, which is one level down from the
user's top level mailbox directory. This causes it to start at the parent
directory instead of the current directory when calculating the amount of space
used.
</quote>

> Consider this to be a item for wishlist.

I think maildirfolder does what you want, if I understand you right.