Re: [exim] Re: using rfc-ignorant as a whitelist!?!?!?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mike Zanker
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Re: using rfc-ignorant as a whitelist!?!?!?
On 27/6/05 07:45, David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 19:03 +0100, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
>
>>Apropos misbehaved MTAs, can someone explain the remarkable proportion
>>of .br MTAs which seem to respond to unknown user with a 4xx response
>>code? Some of that Brazilian spam gets retried for days on end, and
>>repeatedly tempfailed with unknown sender, before they finally give
>>up.
>

> I've seen a lot of this from poorly configured postfix boxen.

Yes, Postfix has an option "unknown_local_recipient_reject_code" which
is set to 550 by default but the comments in the main configuration file
suggest starting with 450 until happy with other settings.

I believe that Red Hat's (Enterprise and possibly FC) default setting is
450, though.

Mike.

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController - www.MailController.altohiway.com