RE: [exim]: verify-algorithm with TLS client certificates

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ralf Hauser
To: exim-users, dot
CC: ph10
Betreff: RE: [exim]: verify-algorithm with TLS client certificates
Tony,

Thanks for the below hint - some follow-up questions:
The setup I should handle is a notes domain that wants to authenticate for
all its users with one certificate (apparently Lotus Domino 6.0.1 cannot
send with TLS and passwords).

1) I guess as long as I have only one domain, I can do with something in my
acl like
deny
       message   = Sender address does not match domain certificate domain
       senders       = ! ^.*@$primary_domain

without having authentication

2) if there are multiple domains using the domain certificate
authentication, would there be an easy way to extract the domain out of the
from-header and compare it with the domain found in the $tls_peerdn?

Or is it possible to only get the username from an AUTH without asking for
the password instead?

Or shall I use a verify = sender ... as per
http://exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_39.html#IX2566 in acl_smtp_data
or acl_not_smtp - do you have any examples?

Many thanks for any hints in advance!

      Ralf

P.S.: Just tested, my syntax in 1) doesn't appear to be correct :(

08:34:50 11288 processing "deny"
08:34:50 11288 check senders = ! ^.*@$primary_domain
08:34:50 11288 ---0 Get 0x80e9aa0    88       expand.c 2514
08:34:50 11288 ---0 Get 0x80e9af8    40       string.c  347
08:34:50 11288 failed to expand: ! ^.*@$primary_domain
08:34:50 11288    error message: unknown variable name "primary_domain"
08:34:50 11288 LOG: MAIN PANIC
08:34:50 11288   failed to expand "! ^.*@$primary_domain" while checking a
list: unknown variable name "primary_domain"
08:34:50 11288 deny: condition test deferred
08:34:50 11288 ---0 Get 0x80e9b20    32       string.c  347
08:34:50 11288 ---0 Get 0x80e9b40    40       string.c  347
08:34:50 11288 SMTP>> 451 Temporary local problem - please try later