[exim] Re: acl whitelists

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: acl whitelists
Terry Danter <terry@???> wrote:
[snip]
> The plan being to have a nice global whitelist section which will skip
> all other checks rather than having to edit each acl further down.

I think you are not familiar how acls work: exim runs through the
statements step by step, and after the _first_ matching statement
which returns deny/defer/accept processing stops.

i.e. if you've got
-------
accept some condition

[lots of other statements]
-------

and if you receive a command matching "some condition" the comand is
accepted and [lots of other statements] is not run at all.
               cu andrea
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"
                                           http://downhill.aus.cc/