Re: [exim] Bug in sender verify callouts?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Avleen Vig
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Bug in sender verify callouts?
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Avleen Vig wrote:

> The only hard evidence I have is the logs on the the two systems. They
> show the conversation of my system doing the callout and getting an
> error:
>
> SENDING SYSTEM:
> Jun 14 10:47:38 zorac smap[20299]: Input before banner from keylime.silverwraith.com
> Jun 14 10:48:43 zorac smap[20398]: Input before banner from keylime.silverwraith.com
> Jun 14 10:49:29 zorac smap[20425]: Input before banner from keylime.silverwraith.com
> Jun 14 10:55:28 zorac smap[20892]: Input before banner from keylime.silverwraith.com

What does "Input before banner" actually mean? Especially as it's a
sending system, I don't understand this.

> These correspond each to the following log lines from my exim log. The
> times between them are out by a few seconds, my system wasn't time
> synched exactly:
>
> 2005-06-14 10:47:54 1DiFVx-0008Su-QF <= MAILFROM_ADDRESS H=SENDING_HOST P=esmtp S=3804 id=Pine.BSI.4.56.0506141339410.18104@???

So Exim received a message, without complaining.

Sorry, I'm missing something here. Did that message come from the
sending system? Perhaps you'd better post the entire context again, as
I've clearly got totally confused.