Re: [exim] 550-errors verification failed... unrouteable add…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jakob Hirsch
To: 'Exim-users'
Neue Treads: Re: [exim] php and exim - solved!
Betreff: Re: [exim] 550-errors verification failed... unrouteable address....
paul cooper wrote:

> the problem im going to have is that ts not clear to me on reading the
> stuff whether there is any difference in exim receiving mail from
> localhost (is this the same as 'locally hosted domains') or from the www
> directed for locally hosted domains

Depends on your routers. You can set them up this way, but usually it
only depends on the destination address.

> Ive tried with the setup in FAQ0303 an onward but it doesnt solve it so i
> wonder if the problem is elsewhere (eg does

Q304 you mean?

> hostlist relay_from_hosts = 192.168.0.0/24: 127.0.0.1 - which is what ive
> got -mean 'everything that comes to exim fom the local server, regardless
> od the 'from' address' .

relay_from_hosts is usually used in the ACLs for relay control. Relay
control should never depend on the 'from' address (envelope-from I
assume) because it can be easily forged.

>      route_list = smtp.isp.co.uk

                    ^
here is a '*' missing. Or you use "route_data = smtp.isp.co.uk" (which
is more pretty, I think, I don't know the reason for "* .." in the FAQ).

> dnslookup:

You don't need that one, then. It will never be used.