Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are ref…

Author: Philip Hazel
CC: Ian FREISLICH
Subject: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
On Sat, 25 Jun 2005, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> If you think blocking SMTP transactions simply because they arrive with
> an empty return path is the solution to any problem then you're using
> the wrong protocol from the get go.

Wait a minute. Let's step back a bit here. I don't think anybody ever
said that. You said, if I recall correctly, something to the effect
that "Exim should not be able to apply the test 'is the sender of this
message empty?'". I and other people are arguing against that
proposition.

What you do after passing that test is a different matter. As somebody
pointed out, one of the things you could do is "always accept, no matter
what".