RE: [exim] reject recipient that doesnt exist on internal se…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Herb Martin
To: peter, exim-users
CC:
Betreff: RE: [exim] reject recipient that doesnt exist on internal server

I suggest you DENY the rcpt in the acl_smtp_rcpt ACL,
rather than bounce them (later) -- and for this you must
do it at the first server, Exim in your case during the
"rctp" ACL.

The key is "verify" and you may wish to do a "callout"
to the Exchange server.

For callout, the Exchange server must be willing to
accept either a "mail command with recipients" or a "vrfy"
the recipient in the callout for this to be fully verfied.

With callout your Exim just makes a client call to Exchange
to see what would happen if it TRIED to send the MAIL to
a RCPT.

> > off my stats, showing lots of mail for users that don't exist. I'd
> > ideally like to have a list of users for exim to reject when they
> > first attempt to deliver mail. I could also do some kind of
> LDAP setup

This is an alternative to a verify/callout if you
wish to use a file lookup or LDAP query -- conceptually
the LDAP query is similar to the mail callout (both are
network protocols etc.) but practically the LDAP is
handled like a list lookup and the verify is a separate
type of option.

How about these references:

Verify:
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_39.html#IX2558

39.30 Address verification
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_39.html#SECT39.30

(Callouts follow on the same page)

I am new to Exim so likely these references will explain it
better than I could, but they will get you started while
waiting to see if someone else will provide you the precise
acl_smtp_rcpt ACL code.