Re: [exim] Bug in sender verify callouts?

Author: Avleen Vig
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Bug in sender verify callouts?
On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 09:34:25AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > My system is set up to do callouts to verify the sender, but apparently
> > Exim started sending him data before seeing the end of the banner (and
> > thus the 220).
> > Does anyone know if this is a known bug in a current version of Exim, or
> > if it was something found and fixed after 4.41??
>
> Did you get any response to this? Is there any hard evidence?

No reply :)

The only hard evidence I have is the logs on the the two systems. They
show the conversation of my system doing the callout and getting an
error:

SENDING SYSTEM:
Jun 14 10:47:38 zorac smap[20299]: Input before banner from keylime.silverwraith.com
Jun 14 10:48:43 zorac smap[20398]: Input before banner from keylime.silverwraith.com
Jun 14 10:49:29 zorac smap[20425]: Input before banner from keylime.silverwraith.com
Jun 14 10:55:28 zorac smap[20892]: Input before banner from keylime.silverwraith.com

These correspond each to the following log lines from my exim log. The
times between them are out by a few seconds, my system wasn't time
synched exactly:

2005-06-14 10:47:54 1DiFVx-0008Su-QF <= MAILFROM_ADDRESS H=SENDING_HOST P=esmtp S=3804 id=Pine.BSI.4.56.0506141339410.18104@???

2005-06-14 10:48:49 1DiFWq-0008cJ-Qa <= MAILFROM_ADDRESS H=SENDING_HOST P=esmtp S=3944 id=20050614174247.GP2208@???

2005-06-14 10:49:35 1DiFXa-0008mm-Nk <= MAILFROM_ADDRESS H=SENDING_HOST P=esmtp S=4264 id=Pine.BSI.4.56.0506141342100.18104@???