[exim] MIME ACL and the excessive line length test

Author: exim-users
To: Exim-users
Subject: [exim] MIME ACL and the excessive line length test
Greetz,

while implementing the old demime error level 3 checks with decode and
the MIME ACL as proposed by Steven Dickenson in the posting at
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20050523/msg00120.html,
I realized that exim thinks the regex quantifier in the excessive line
length test is too big:

2005-06-24 13:10:26 +0200 1Dlm4o-00007S-U0 regex acl condition warning -
error in regex '^.{131071,}$': number too big in {} quantifier at offset
10, skipped.

This is probably platform/architecture dependant, but I thought I'll
point it out, so others don't hit the same wall. Here on x86 and FreeBSD
v4.11 I can't test for lines longer than 64k, ie 65535 characters.

Patrick