Re: Re: [exim] Segmentation Fault - Exim 4.51

Author: Philip Hazel
To: ml
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Re: [exim] Segmentation Fault - Exim 4.51
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 ml@??? wrote:

> > That is, wipe Exim's memory by deleting all the hints info. Exim will
> > gradually rebuild it.
>
> That did not do it:

<snip>

> locking /var/spool/exim/db/retry.lockfile
> locked /var/spool/exim/db/retry.lockfile
> Segmentation fault

With 99% confidence I'm pretty sure it's a BDB issue, because the very
next thing Exim does after writing that final debug line is to try to
open the BDB file. Maybe the OP's suggestion about different versions of
db.h is the answer.

(I think I may put some more debugging into the code to make it even
more certain in future incidents.)