[exim] Need Help to Solve security hole

Author: Sergio Basurto Juarez
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Need Help to Solve security hole
Hello List,

I am very new to exim, I installed on a test server
with Debian, at the very beginning I did not configure
SMTP auth so every one that connect to my port 25 can
send whatever they want, a couple of days ago exim
starts to send a lot of messages with different
domains.

I understand that leave SMTP without an auth method is
a security hole, so I should reinstall the complete
server because even if I deinstall exim and reinstall
it, it goes on sending a lot of stuff.

Righ now I have totaly configured my server with
Debian, and I still want to use exim as my MTA, the
question is how can I configure cram-md5 and force
exim to always ask for auth.

I will appreciate any help, point to a source of
information or some clue in this issue (Understand
that I am very new to exim so I am not very familiar
with commands or the like).

Reagrds.

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com