Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are ref…

Author: Drav Sloan
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
Philip Hazel wrote:
> > *sigh* over generalisation, linux is a *kernel*, it is not the operating
> > system.

Ah yes, my bad. Although they are all Linux distributions, which probably
which i just group them as 'Linux'.

> > And certainly I have not got any of the GNU/Linux boxes here
> > configured to alias rm to rm -i. It's something that RedHat and many
> > derivitives do for you so that you can shoot yourself in the foot more
> > easily on other distributions that don't set that inane alias. It's not
> > set in a default Debian install.

*nods* Redhat I'm cerain does it (as well as cp -i, mv -i etc, etc).

> One person's inane alias is another person's useful alias. These things
> are very subjective. I *do* set rm -i. But I set it in my .bash_profile,
> which I copy to every account that I use regularly.

Which is defaintly how these sorts of things should be setup (that is, left
to the end user). Site wide 'you will have colour ls, you will have
these mad aliases' are not something that should be vanilla with a
OS install. Ho hum!

Regards

D.