Re: [exim] Spamd problem - connection timed out

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John Horne
To: Exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Spamd problem - connection timed out
On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 12:46 +0100, Richard Hopkins wrote:

> What do you have spamd's "-m" (--max-children=num) set to John? On a busy
> mail hub you'll probably need to increase it from its default (5). We
> certainly did.

It is left to the default of 5. I thought I read in the SA docs that it
now couldn't be increased above 5 - I'll need to check that.

I have changed the exim source spam.h to increase the spamd timeout from
120 seconds to 240, and we have had no problems for the past hour :-)

Perhaps the spamd timeout should be a configure file option?

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@???       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839