RE: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are ref…

Author: Chris Edwards
Subject: RE: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Greg A. Woods wrote:

| [*] that's not to say that all error messages must be accepted --
| clearly error messages to non-existant recipients are bogus and may
| safely be rejected (since they're not deliverable anyway), as perhaps
| are those containing known junk content, etc.

It would be useful if you could explain exactly how you envisage an MTA
can provide flexibility to:

(1) enable clueful sites to reject bogus bounce messages (pretty darn
    tricky in our experience, but absolutely necessary)

whilst at the same time:

(2) prevent clueless sites rejecting genuine bounce messages