[exim] RE: Exim4 and autofs issue

Author: Ken Decoteau
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] RE: Exim4 and autofs issue
I guess I don't *really* know what I'm doing:

Problem: every time the mail server receives a message, the users home
directories are mounted off of the file server. I'd prefer to not have
them mounted.

Setup:Mail server:
Debian with 2.6.10 kernel Exim4 split into dual in and out configs.
Mailscanner runs over the two exim4 installs.

Home directories are auto-fs mounted when users log on from a file
server.

I've changed the two occurances of $home in both incoming and outgoing
exim4 config files. (These are for the .forward and .procmail dirs,
though I'm not using procmail.)

EG: Changed from $home/.forward to /local/${local_part}/.forward

It still mounts the users dirs every time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,

Ken Decoteau
System Manager
Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Institute
Office: 850-644-4941
GFDI: 850-644-5594

Email: system@???
decoteau@???

The solution to a problem changes the nature of the problem. -- Peer

Linux obregon 2.6.7 #7 SMP Fri Oct 8 12:31:55 EDT 2004 i686 GNU/Linux
15:51:46 up 29 days, 4:31, 6 users, load average: 0.32, 0.19, 0.13