Re: [exim] SQL-macros in auth-section

Author: info
To: kalle, exim-users
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] SQL-macros in auth-section
hi !
Perhaps this might help :

my config :

<--------snipp------------->
login:
        driver = plaintext
        public_name = LOGIN
        server_prompts = Username:: : Password::
        server_condition =${if eq{$2}{${lookup mysql{select clear from virtual_users where address='$1'}{$value}fail}} {yes}{no}}
        server_set_id = $1

<-----------------snapp------------->

$1 = <email-address>
$2 = <clear - text - password>

<----- perhaps matching your config it should look like this : ------------->

login:
        driver = plaintext
        public_name = LOGIN
        server_prompts = Username:: : Password::
        server_condition =${if eq{$2}{${lookup mysql{select password from mailsettings.mailauth where domain='$1'}{$value}fail}} {yes}{no}}
        server_set_id = $1

^^this one looks for a match between the given pw($2) at smtp and the one found for the given username aka $1 in your DB.

>client_send = ${lookup mysql {SELECT username FROM mailsettings.mailauth \
>
>        WHERE domain = '${domain:$1}'}}

kind regards
Malte Geierhos