Re: [exim] greylisting and VERP's

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kirill Miazine
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] greylisting and VERP's
* Steffen Heil [2005-06-16 12:41]:
> > VERP-addresses _usually_ contain the variable part in a
> > suffix. As a workaround one might only look at the part of
> > the local part that comes before the suffix. In your case you
> > could feed axis@??? to the greylister.
>
> That would be easy, if I knew, that are verp addresses.
> But how to detect those?
> A lot of my clients have "-" in normal addresses.

Noone would be hurt. Say you have user with the address
fred-foobar@???. You don't know that the addess is non-VERP
and thus strip -foobar and treat the user as being fred@???.
As you see, nothing scary happens (except that messages from
fred-spammer@ and fred-gangster@ and other nasty Freds from
@galaxy.universe will be accepted, but that's not a very big problem
anyway, is it?).

My concern is that messages from mailing lists I subscribe to arrive
without a delay caused by greylisting. The suggested workaround works
in that case.

Note that "+" is also frequently used in VERP addresses.

--
    -- Kirill Miazine <km@???>