Re: [exim] greylisting

Author: Christian Balzer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] greylisting

Alun wrote:
>"Steffen Heil" <lists@???> said, in message
>E1DiLai-0000TN-Js@???:
>
>> I am planing some greylisting experiments on my servers.
>> So I thought to ask, how other do it (successfully).
>
>We've been using it for nearly two years, with great success (using
>my own implementation, available at http://users.aber.ac.uk/auj/spam/

Let me just pipe up here and praise the Welsh man. ;)

We have been using this greylist variant on a large scale here for
some time and it's combination of features make it work extremely
well and result in a very non-intrusive implementation of greylisting.

Things like the pre-whitelisting and auto-whitelisting of real
mail servers for example. It also runs very much on autopilot after
determining the optimum values like tuple retention for our situation.

Regards,

Christian Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi@???       Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services