Re: [exim] check_local_user; other option equivalence?

Author: Matthew Newton
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] check_local_user; other option equivalence?
On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 12:10:22AM +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Matthew Newton wrote:
> >
> > b) Redirect these addresses to an unused local subdomain that I don't
> >    route incoming mail for, i.e. "local_part"@??? is redirected to
> >    "username"@???, allowing me to use
> >    check_local_user on the special router that handles localusers.mydomain?

> I'd do this because it's closer to the way Exim is designed to work.

OK.

Having looked a bit more at my config file I was starting to come to
that conclusion. The .forward file router would start to get very messy
if I had to use more expansions there, too; check_local_user is a lot
shorter.

Thanks!

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton <mcn4@???>

UNIX and e-mail Systems Administrator, Network Support Section,
Computer Centre, University of Leicester,
Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom