[exim] exim-users@exim.org

Author: Gary Stothers
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] exim-users@exim.org
Good Morning,

I'm having a problem with frozen messages.

Exim is queueing (sp?) a bounce back but since the messages are
malformed to begin with (no return address), they are staying frozen
indefinitely.

Here's one from the queue list...

22d 3.9K 1DalM9-0003eN-J3 <> *** frozen ***

          hostadd@???

I know it's supposed to drop them after 7 days according to my conf...

ignore_bounce_errors_after = 2d

# This option cancels (removes) frozen messages that are older than a
week.

timeout_frozen_after = 7d

but it doesn't appear to be working.

So... my question is, how do I clear the frozen messages with that
specific address in it, and how do I prevent those messages from
extending their time in the queue past 7 days.

Thanks,

Gary.