Re: [exim] greylisting

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Alun
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] greylisting
"Steffen Heil" <lists@???> said, in message
E1DiLai-0000TN-Js@???:

> I am planing some greylisting experiments on my servers.
> So I thought to ask, how other do it (successfully).

We've been using it for nearly two years, with great success (using
my own implementation, available at http://users.aber.ac.uk/auj/spam/

> What do you take into account?
> - Recipient Address ?? - yes, propably

Yes
> - Sender Address ??

Yes
> - Sending Host ??

No
> - Sending Host's subnet ??

No
> - Sending Host's HELO name ??

No

We found that using the IP address or even the subnet caused problems
with mail from large ISPs with clustered outbound servers handling a
centralised queue.

> How long do you accept mails from recorded tuples?
> - 2 hours after first try?
> - 2 weeks after first delivered mail?

4 days. We started out with 4 hours and received complaints. I
increased it to 1 day and still received complaints. Since I upped
it to 4 days we've been fine.

> After what time do you drop tuples?
> - 7 days?

36 days.

> How do you evaluate that information?
> - exim's included perl?
> - external scripts?
> - localscan extensions?
> - socket_reads for runnings daemons?

This one!
> - stored procedures?

Cheers,
Alun.

--
Alun Jones                       auj@???
Systems Support,                 (01970) 62 2494