Re: Re: Re: [exim] helo leak in tls_verify_hosts , forcing …

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: thomas schorpp
To: exim-users
Alte Treads: Re: Re: [exim] helo leak in tls_verify_hosts , forcing clients to use ehlo ,configuration?
Betreff: Re: Re: Re: [exim] helo leak in tls_verify_hosts , forcing clients to use ehlo ,configuration? wontfix.
Tony Finch wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, thomas schorpp wrote:
>
>>i know. so the clients defaulting to smtp must be brought to retry with
>>esmtp somehow.
>

> That is not possible. The only retry specified in the SMTP protocol is a
> fall-back from ESMTP to SMTP, when the EHLO is rejected and the client
> retries with HELO instead. The server cannot force the client to use
> ESMTP.

ok. so bounce them all with 5xx and user understandable message to
contact their isp's to default to esmtp first (what makes sence due to
the spec cause of the fallback reserve).

>>tls_on_connect_ports = 465
>

> Exim cannot use tls_on_connect as a client. You have to use a stunnel or
> something like that.

yes, thx, i just set it up for clients connecting to my server using the
old smtps protocol, as it is recommended in the exim docs.

> Tony.

many thx for comment.
tom